The second edition of Techniques of Tablet Weaving
Peter Collingwood, has a number of
typos. Here's a list of the ones I know about:
- p 26. Plates 10 and 11 have been switched.
- p 43. Wrong picture.
- p 168. End of chapter text is cut off- should say
and then the above turning sequence begun, the colored threads will be
interchanged between back and front layers. The upper will now be white
and the lower black, the pocket between these two layers being closed at
the point of interchange."
- Index: kivrim should say "p 112"
And, thanks to Jeffry Mueller:
- p.16, second paragraph from bottom says "See page 136 and Plate 95,"
meaning the Plate on p.137, which is mislabeled as "Plate 96" but
the plate on the next page, p.138, is [mis]labeled as "Plate 95," and is
referred to in the second indented paragraph on that page as "Plate 95."
Correction: change the entry on p.16 to read "Plate 96, on page 137."
- p.317, index entry for Snartemo. . . has a page number "1436" vs.
- On p.43, the Plate 33 caption does not match the photo, which is the
same photo that appears as Fig. 1-21 on p.20 of Candace Crockett's book
"Card Weaving," where it is described as "an inscribed garter," a sort
of tourist souvenir.